As an avid Twitter follower, (@kristinandrews) I often come across great tweets by others. I follow a lot of designers so that I can build a network of design professionals like me. It’s a great resource for inspiration and to keep up on the latest in the web design industry.
Aussie creative guru Jacob Cass wrote a great blog post on “giving your blog the edge.” He provides 7 helpful hints on how to up your blog’s presence on the web. I like to call this the ABC’s of blogging. Here’s a condensed version of “7 Secrets You MUST Know to Give Your Blog The Edge”:
- Formatting Text. Kind of like what I’m doing with breaking up the paragraphs and listing items in number format for readability.
- Recap in first 2 sentences. Your reader wants to know what the post is about right away.
- Use Images. Pictures speak a thousand words. People, including myself, like visualizing what the reader is saying.
- Devote time. I’m guilty of not following this one like I should. Craft your blog post with resources for the reader.
- Interactivity. Present the reader with events, competitions, and other things he or she can partake in.
- Network. Get connected with others like you and have a link to one another.
- Commenting. Respond to people who have taken the time to spill their thoughts.